IEEE 802.15 Working Group for WPANs
The IEEE 802.15 WG (Working Group) develops Personal Area Network standards
for short distance wireless networks; a.k.a. WPANs.
We have a growing Membership. The following will tell you how to become a
Working Group Member too.
IEEE 802.15 Requirements for Working
Group Voting Membership
If you wish to vote on 802.15 standards at the Working Group Ballot stage you
need to become a Voting Member of Working Group 802.15.
- Membership is by individual, not company.
- To become a voter:
- Attend and sign the attendance book at least 75% of the sessions of
two Working Group 802.15 Plenary meetings (within the last four).
- Full attendance at a two day or more duly constituted Working Group
802.15 Interim Meeting can be substituted for attendance at one plenary.
- Have complete and current contact information recorded in the Working
Group 802.15 database.
- Request to become a voter during a Working Group 802.15 Opening or
Closing plenary meeting when additions to the voter list are solicited
by the Chair from the "Nearly Voter" list.
- To remain a voter you must:
- Maintain current contact information in the Working Group 802.15
- Have 75% attendance during at least two of the last four plenaries
(Attendance at an interim can substitute for attendance at no more than
- Participate in Working Group ballots. You can be dropped for not
returning or abstaining in two of the last three ballots.
Becoming a member of the LAN/MAN 802.15
& LMSC Sponsor
If you wish to vote on 802.15 (or other 802) draft standards at the Sponsor
Ballot stage (the 2nd voting level after they have passed Working Group Ballot)
you need to become a member of the LMSC Sponsor Ballot Pool. To be a voting
member in the LMSC Sponsor Ballot Pool you must:-
After you have completed this, whenever a balloting group is formed to ballot on
a proposed IEEE 802 standard you will be asked if you wish to be in that
particular balloting group.
), Rev. 0.1