stds-802-16-mobile: Resend of MBWA Interim meeting e-mail

Mobile Broadband Wireless Access ECSG Participants

Below is a resend of the e-mail dealing with the upcoming MBWA interim meeting. I am resending this e-mail since the previous e-mail had a "confidentiality disclaimer" attached. As these disclaimers are discouraged by IEEE I am resending this e-mail via a personal e-mail account that does not attach such disclaimers.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-stds-802-16-mobile@majordomo.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-16-mobile@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Mark Klerer
Sent:
Thursday, July 18, 2002 11:15 AM
To: 'stds-802-16-mobile@ieee.org'
Subject: stds-802-16-mobile: Meeting of MBWA SG in September - Book Now

Mobile Broadband Wireless Access ECSG Participants

As indicated in my previous e-mail and as discussed at the SG meeting in Vancouver, the plan is to have an interim meeting the week of September 9, in Monterey, CA collocated with the IEEE 802.11/15/18 meetings. I am currently working the logistics with the chairs of the three Working Groups. As the e-mail text indicates below, lot of things are going on in Monterey and rooms are in tight supply. It has, therefore, been suggested that reservations be made NOW. If things do not work out (unlikely) you can always cancel. To get the IEEE rate (important) and find the Hotel information use the following link

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/11/Meetings/11-02-426r0-W-MtgAnnouncementSept02V1.doc

The plan is to start the ECSG meeting Sept 9th in the afternoon and to conclude Thursday evening.

FORWARDED E-MAIL TEXT

There is a big car show in town the first weekend and the PGA tour starts the second weekend.  Book your rooms now or you may not get the rate or may not get a room at the Hyatt.  LInks are on both the 11 and 15 web sites.

If you get a sold out message from the online registration, continue anyway or call the hotel directly.  Usually it is only one nite that is not available at the rate but rooms are still available (at least for now) and you can still get a reservation at the group rate for most nights.  If you do not get the rate, let Dawn know which nights. We will fix it later if rooms are still available.  We are increasing the block Saturday night the 7th so that should now show ok

Important--make sure you identify yourself as attending the IEEE meeting.  Meeting our pick up is important to insure we get the meeting space free and getting the best rates on food and beverage.

Mark Klerer

Chair - MBWA ECSG