From: "balchand" <balchand@TENET.RES.IN>
To: <STDS-802-16-MOBILE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] Seeking HARQ MAP clarifications

> hi,
>
> I would try to answer some of ur q
>
> >2) It is specified that for band-AMC
> >allocations made by H-ARQ map message, an AMC >slot will consist of 6
> contiguous
> >bins in a same logical band. Accordingly 6 bins x >1 symbol and 3 bins x
2

> >symbols subchannel definitions are made and these >types are specified in
> the
> >format configuration IE. But an AMC logical band >has 4, 8, 16, 32, 64
> bins. In
> >case of 4 bins the 6 bins x 1 symbol does not fit >at all. In the other
> cases the
> >subchannels do not fit exactly (some gaps >remain). If it is assumed that
>
> >subchannels wrap around to the next symbol as it >appears to be for the
> 6x1
> >configuration in the corrigendum, then the >subchannel definitions will
> change,
> >for e.g. 6 bin x 1 symbol will actually span 2 >symbols. Moreover such a
> wrap
> >around is not specified for the 3 bins x 2 >symbols configuration, which
> also
> >does not fit exactly in the band.
>
> There is no such thing as a 6binx1sym slot. It is called the default type
> and defined as vertical rastering within a band. so for the so called
> "default type", the no. of bins in a logical band does not matter in any
> case.
>
> >7) The SUB_MAPs, HARQ DL MAP IE and related
> >sub-burst IEs in the 16e draft seem to resolve >these issues and provide
> the same
> >functionality as the HARQ MAP. Is there any >specific advantage of using
> the HARQ
> >MAP instead of the HARQ DL MAP IE.
>
> HARQ MAP is more compact especially when the BS is HARQing with multiple
> SS's. Also, as is specified in 8.4.5.3.22 of 16e/D7, HARQ DL MAP IE does
> not have the capability to support all HARQ schemes for all coding
schemes,
> for eg. it does not support IR-HARQ for coding schemes other than CTC and
> CC as there is no compact way to mention specify profiles for IR
> transmissions.
>
> Moreover I have the following queries reg HARQ
>
> 1. what is the reason for "each HARQ MAP message shall have a different
modulation and coding rate"
A couple of advantages,
a) makes the MAP messages more efficient. Why receive at QPSK when you can
receive at 16 QAM.
b) SSs can reject MAPs with burst profiles that are too weak for them.
> 2. what is the exact use of safety zones

It appears that use of safety zones is to provide allocations without
interference to SSs at the cell edge in a single frequency network. In this
case two Base stations would have to agree on mutually exclusive Safety
Zones where the interfering BS will not provide allocations.