Re: stds-802-16: Meeting schedules

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

Jerry--

Let me try to address your concerns.  It's IEEE 802 policy that interim meetings must be
announced a month ahead of time, to avoid the situation where people are unable to attend
because of short notice.  Unfortunately, the announcement of an informal get-together
sounded a lot like a call for an interim meeting, when that wasn't the intention (see
Roger's email).  It is necessary to have interim meetings to keep the work going at a
reasonable pace; the three plenary meetings a year are not enough.  On the other hand, once
a month is too often; no one can get much else done on their day job.  So most 802 working
groups settle into one interim meeting between each pair of plenaries, or once every two
months.  Once in a while meetings are called more often, when there are special
circumstances.

I wish I know how to get it all done by email; the IETF is the only group I know that
manages it.

At any rate, as we come together as a working group, all these issues are bound to sort
themselves out and we'll develop a routine that suits most of the participants reasonably
well.

Jim Mollenauer