stds-802-16: Invitation to Contribute PHY Proposal to 802.16.1

To:	Arun Aruncahalam & Genzao Zhang
	Scott Marin
	Lars Lindh, Carl Eklund, & Petri Bergholm
	Jeff Foerster
	Phil Guillemette
	Naftali Chayat
	Karl Stambaugh & Glen Sater
	Tom Williams
	Ronald J. Huff & Marc Mertsching
	Wayne Hunter & Leland Langston
	Moshe Ran
	Jay Klein

From:	Roger Marks, Chair, 802.16

Subj:	Invitation to Contribute PHY Proposal to 802.16.1 for Session #5

Based on the evaluation of your contribution at 802.16 Session #4 (see
<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/docs/99/80216-99_13.pdf>), you
are invited to contribute a more detailed PHY proposal for 802.16 Session
#5.

The detailed Invitation to Contribute for Session #5 is available at
<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/docs/99/80216-99_14.pdf>.

Please take careful note of the instructions therein. I particularly
want to call your attention to the following:

*Joint proposals from multiple contributors are strongly encouraged.
*Proposals contributed jointly by several invitees will be offered
additional presentation time on the agenda.
*You are welcome to include additional uninvited co-submitters.
*You must Address each item in the "Physical Layer" section of the
current draft "Outline of the 802.16.1 Air Interface Standard"
<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/docs/99/80216-99_06d0.doc>.
*Your proposal will be scored based on the PHY Evaluation Table (see
<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/phy/docs/80216p-99_03.pdf> or
<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/phy/docs/80216p-99_03.html>).
*You must include a copy of the Evaluation Table into which you have
entered a response addressing each criterion.

802.16 is looking forward to receiving your contribution by the
deadline of December 24, 1999. Please prepare it using the Rev. 6 or
higher of the 802.16 Document Submission Template
<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/docs/802_16_template.doc>
and email it to all of the following:

* 802.16 Chair Roger Marks <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
* 802.16.1 Co-Editor Brian Petry <mailto:Brian_Petry@3com.com>
* 802.16.1 Co-Editor Jim Mollenauer <mailto:jmollenauer@TechnicalStrategy.com>
* 802.16.1 PHY Task Group Chair Jay Klein <mailto:jay@ensemblecom.com>

We realize that responding to this invitation will entail a large
effort on your part. However, detailed responses are critical in
order for us to stay on schedule. I suggest that you seek partners
who could help share the burden.

On behalf of all of 802.16, I congratulate you on your success in
reaching this stage and acknowledge our appreciation of your past and
future efforts.

Best Regards,

Roger

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828