stds-802-16: Published: Suggested Web-based Voting System for IEEE 802.16Broadband Wireless Access Working Group

Title: Web-based Voting System for IEEE 802.16 Broadband Wireless
Access Working Group

Source:
  Lynn Acker <mailto:ackerl@ibm.net>
  Kristi Ashton  <mailto:ashton@tesscom.com
  David Gauthier  <mailto:dgauthier12@hotmail.com>
  Sravani Bhattacharjee  <mailto:sravani.bhattacharjee@colorado.edu>

Document Number: IEEE 802.16-00/05

Note: I received this document on 3 December 1999. The delay in
publication is partly due to my negligence and partly due to my
intent to wait for an appropriate publication time. For the former, I
heartily apologize to the contributors, who are students in the
Interdisciplinary Telecommunications Program University of Colorado
at Boulder, and I acknowledge my appreciation for their efforts.

Before Session #4, I published a draft Proposal Evaluation Form and
Scoring Process (IEEE 802.16-99/07) which dealt with on-site proposal
evaluation and which solicited comments and suggestions on "ideas for
collecting and processing the data of many evaluators." This
responding contribution arrived after Session #4 and therefore too
late to influence the on-site scoring process. Furthermore, in
earlier meetings with the contributors, it appeared that the
suggestions might be more appropriate to an electronic letter ballot
process than to on-site proposal evaluation. Since the 802.16.2
Coexistence Task Group plans to initiate a Working Group letter
ballot at Session #6 in March, we need to get the machinery for such
a ballot in place beforehand. Therefore, the current contribution is
timely.

Roger

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 WG on Broadband Wireless Access <http://ieee802.org/16>
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828