Re: stds-802-16: Tentative Agenda for Session #6 (6-9 March 2000)

Demos is right - the "special" meeting sounds to me like it has problems.
Forgive the speech, but:

Convergence is OK, provided every interested party is aware of, and invited
to, the deliberations.  The problem occurs when a subset meets privately,
because it may create the appearance of intent to gang up to disadvantage a
competitor.

Some anti-trust violations are called "per sec violations".  In these, your
intentions are not admissible evidence.  "If the meeting took place, the
violation occurred".  For a better description, see an attorney (I'm but a
simple engineer!).

This is pretty standard stuff in standards activities, but needs to be
respected.

Any other views?

Mike Patriarche
Patriarche & Associates Pacific, Inc.