Re: stds-802-16: IEEE "Technical Standards Summit" in September2000

When I wrote a few days about the "Technical Standards Summit" during WESCON2000, I made a mistake. I had said this event was sponsored by the IEEE Standards Association. This was implied, but not directly stated, in the WESCON announcement. Also, IEEE-SA had already announced its cooperation in a press release <http://standards.ieee.org/announcements/wescon2000.html>.

However, Jim Carlo called my attention to a change of plans. I found a reference to this in the Unapproved Minutes of the IEEE-SA STANDARDS BOARD MEETING of 30 January 2000 <http://standards.ieee.org/board/stdsbd/2000SASBmin.html>: "A decision was made to decline participaton at Wescon 2000 due to the difficulty in assigning a Program Chair for the event, and the disbandment of the Wescon Board."

Given these circumstances, I am not encouraging any kind of organized 802.16 participation.

Roger
Roger
Marks@nist.gov
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828  http://magpie.ceee.bldrdoc.gov