stds-802-16: ETSI BRAN HIPERACCESS to join Session #7; agenda changes

Today I called Andrea Nascimbene and received confirmation that ETSI
BRAN HIPERACCESS has accepted our invitation to hold a co-located
meeting along with 802.16 Session #7. I welcome HA to our session and
look forward to a productive week in which we can move ahead with
plans to seek commonality.

Andrea did inform me that the HA meetings will open up on Tuesday and
that HA would like to schedule a joint meeting with 802.16 on Tuesday
afternoon. Since we had been planning for this joint meeting on late
Monday afternoon, this suggests a reconfiguration of our agenda. The
802.16 Opening Plenary had been set for Monday from 1:30-3:00 pm.
Late Monday afternoon and Monday evening are now currently open. What
to do?

I suggest this plan (see <http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg07/agenda.html>):

(1) Start later: schedule the 802.16 Opening Plenary for 3:00-5:00 pm.

(2) Move the Tutorial Open Forum to Monday evening (instead of
Tuesday). [So far, we have a request to present a 90 minute tutorial
on FEC and Turbo Product Codes. I have also heard an informal request
to present an OFDM tutorial, but I have not received a proposal on
it. See <http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg07/openforum.html>.]

(3) Hold the 802.16/HA Joint Meeting on Tuesday evening from
7:30-9:00 pm. [This will require a discussion with the hotel for
suitable space.]

Note that the closing 802.16/HA joint meeting remains on the agenda
for late Friday morning.

This plan is subject to revision. Anyone care to make a suggestion?

Roger