stds-802-16: Published: Call for Contributions for Modifications of 802.16 MACand 802.11a-HIPERLAN/2 PHY for the WirelessHUMAN(TM) Standard

Title: Call for Contributions for Modifications of 802.16 MAC and
802.11a-HIPERLAN/2 PHY for the WirelessHUMAN(TM) Standard

Document Number: IEEE 802.16.4-00/01

Source: Durga Satapathy <mailto:durga.satapathy@mail.sprint.com>

Note: This document is in preparation for the initiation of a
WirelessHUMAN(TM) standardization effort. It reflects the fact the
WirelessHUMAN(TM) Study Group's PAR:
	http://ieee802.org/16/human/docs/80216h-00_13r3.pdf

was approved by IEEE 802.16 last Wednesday and by the IEEE 802
Executive Committee last Thursday night. The PAR (802.16.1b) has been
forwarded to the IEEE-SA Standards Board New Standards Committee and
is on the agenda for IEEE-SA approval on December 7. I plan to attend.

Anticipating Standards Board approval, we have created 802.16 Task
Group 4 to develop the standard in accordance with the PAR. The Task
Group 4 Leadership Team is:

	Durga P. Satapathy, Chair
	<mailto:durga.satapathy@mail.sprint.com>

	Ken Peirce, Secretary
	<mailto:ken@malibunetworks.com>

Congratulations to the WirelessHUMAN(TM) team for this achievement!

Note that discussions on this topic are taking place on the
WirelessHUMAN(TM) Discussion Group
<http://www.egroups.com/group/wirelesshuman>. Check there for a
discussion regarding a February meeting.

Roger

--

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 WG on Broadband Wireless Access <http://wirelessman.org>