From: Vladimir Yanover [mailto:vladimiry@breezecom.co.il]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 3:58 AM
To: 'Kostas, Demos'; stds-802-16@ieee.org
Cc: brian.kiernan@interdigital.com; Subir Varma (E-mail)
Subject: RE: stds-802-16: TG3 MAC Selection Criteria

Demos and All,

I would like to say few words about the name of the Ad Hoc Group to improve
mutual understanding
between us on the type of activity we have to provide in TG3 about the MAC.
We do not have here the activity of the type "criteria --- separated and
independent proposals --- selection ---- creating baseline --- ..." etc.
We already have a baseline document and the contributions suggest just
updates of the baseline. This is what was decided and what
actually happens. What I would suggest, is to consider our Ad Hoc activity
as a way to agree on the requirements to additional
features we consider as needed in TG3 MAC while absent or different from
what we have in the baseline document.
The examples are ARQ and PHY dependent time measurement units.

So more proper name for this activity would be "Development of MAC
Requirements" rather than "Selection Criteria".

Let me also note that this is an ongoing activity and some features like
concatenation(packing) and header's flexibility
are already done.

Vladimir

Dr. Vladimir Yanover

System Manager