stds-802-16: 802.16 Session #15 hosting proposals

In Ottawa, we discussed the site of 802.16's Session #15 (September
10-14, 2001). Several people indicated a possible interest in hosting
it in the following locations:

Dean Chang        San Jose, California, USA
Naftali Chayat    Tel Aviv, Israel
Dave Williams     Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA

We took a straw poll at the Closing Plenary. There was interest in
all three sites; Coeur d'Alene was the most popular.

Right after the Session, Sanjay Moghe told me he would like to
investigate hosting a session in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

Dave Williams has told me that he is investigating arrangements. I
don't know if the others are still interested.

I would like us to make a decision at Session #12. I hope that those
who are interested will bring a proposal to consider. For a great
example, see José Costa's proposal for Session #11:

	http://ieee802.org/16/docs/00/80216-00_24.pdf

You don't need to be as fancy as this, as long as you let us know the
important points. In the past, all of our hosted meetings have
included a sponsored dinner on Wednesday. Also, the host companies
have agreed to absorb a deficit but provide 802.16 with any surplus.
These conditions are not mandatory. In Ottawa, there was a discussion
about mechanisms to lower the registration fees; we can continue this
discussion at Session #12.

Roger