WLPAN/ Call for Leadership of our 802 technologies

Dear 802ers:

As you might know 2002 World Wireless Congress in San Francisco will be the world's first forum focusing on the convergence of wireless mobile, wireless access and wireless networks. There will be thousands of people joining this very important congress and discuss how we can integrate the UMTS, 802.11, 802.15 and possible 802.16.3/4 into a single wireless terminal, and most importantly, make the full use of the very limited wireless spectrum.

Lots of issues remain unsolved, and this topic is getting hot and hot. From this congress, we will also have 3 IEEE special issues on this convergence in IEEE communications magazine and other major IEEE publications.

For this great effort, we hereby invite our 802 members who are the leaders of 802.11, 802.15 and 802.16 solutions to provide the featured speeches at this authoritative technical congress, and possible sponsorship to improve your leadership as well as global recognition. However, the featured speech and sponsorship must come from the global leaders in this technology and business. This congress is not a commercial purpose event, and there is special registration for IEEE members, and some financial support to fellow students, researchers, engineers, etc.

For further information about this congress, please visit: http://WirelessCongress.com/ or http://delson.org/was02, or e-mail to my office at: wwlu@ieee.org.

Thanks for your supports, and let's work together to promote our 802 standards worldwide.

Best regards.

Willie W. Lu
Chair, 2002 World Wireless Congress
Member, U.S. FCC Technological Advisory Council
e-mail: wwlu@ieee.org, willie.lu@infineon.com, wwlu@acm.org
http://WirelessCongress.com/