stds-802-16: Re: 802.16a Sponsor Ballot Group list++Congratulations Roger, very wellexplained++

Hello Roger:

I am very impressed by your initiative, organizational and dedication to
the 802.16.

Congratulations!

Regards,

Angela Ortiz
Program Manager - Technical Program Development
__________________________
IEEE Standards, 445 Hoes Lane,
Piscataway, NJ  08855-1331 USA
Telephone: 1732-562-3809  ><  Fax: 1732-562-1571
E-m:  a.ortiz@ieee.org   ><   www.standards.ieee.org

FOSTERING TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION

                    "Roger B.
                    Marks"               To:     stds-802-16@ieee.org
                    <marks@boulder       cc:     a.ortiz@ieee.org, p.nikolich@ieee.org
                    .nist.gov>           Subject:     802.16a Sponsor Ballot Group list

                    02/07/2002
                    04:02 PM

Folks,

Thanks to Angela Ortiz of IEEE, we now have a list of those in the 802.16
Sponsor Ballot Pool:
           http://ieee802.org/16/members_pool.html

These people will be sent an invitation to ballot on P802.16a. [I can't
guarantee they will receive the invitation; that depends on whether their
email address is correct in the database. If you want to confirm your
address, you can ask me and I will look it up. As a privacy measure, I
don't post lists of email addresses.]

If you would like to receive an invitation, you have until tomorrow to join
the Sponsor Ballot Pool by completing the on-line form:
           <http://standards.ieee.org/db/balloting/ballotform.html>.

If you haven't signed up, I encourage you to do so.

Roger

>According to the 802.16a development schedule:
>          <http://ieee802.org/16/tga/schedule.html>,
>
>the draft will enter Sponsor Ballot on April 12. This second round of
balloting is in the hands of a Sponsor Ballot Group that is open to the
outside world. Working Group membership is not required to participate in
the Sponsor Ballot Group. However, I encourage all interested parties,
including Working Group members, to participate. I expect that the draft
will see substantial refinement during the Sponsor Ballot phase.

>Today, I asked IEEE to prepare to form the Sponsor Ballot Group. To form
it, IEEE will send an "Invitation to Ballot" to the members of the 802.16
"Balloting Pool".

>If you have previously signed up to join the 802.16 Balloting Pool (e.g.,
if you received an Invitation to Ballot on IEEE 802.16), then you need do
nothing at this time.

>If you are not a member of the 802.16 Balloting Pool, you join the Pool by
completing the on-line form:
>          <http://standards.ieee.org/db/balloting/ballotform.html>.
>You may join other IEEE Balloting Pools with the same form.
>
>If you are not an IEEE Member, just ignore the box requesting your IEEE
Membership Number. However, in order to actually participate in a Sponsor
Ballot Group, you must be a Member of the IEEE-SA or else pay a Balloting
Fee.

>If you plan to join the Balloting Pool, I suggest you act soon. I have
asked IEEE not to finalize the invitation until after the end of this week.

--

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 WG on Broadband Wireless Access <http://WirelessMAN.org>