stds-802-16: the future of Friday Closing Plenaries

Folks,

There has been a lot of discussion about not holding key votes on
Fridays. Basically, that means not having our Closing Plenary on
Friday.

There is a simple alternative to Friday morning, and that's Thursday
evening. We rarely do anything organized that night, either at
Plenaries or Interims. I wouldn't object to making that change for
both types of meetings. I don't know the group's views, though.

As for Session #19, 94 members have voted for a motion that mentions
a Friday Closing Plenary. That means we are stuck with Friday for
Calgary.

On the other hand, Session #20 is still open. Though I have already
specified the meeting rooms assuming a Friday morning Closing, it
would be simple to change to Thursday night, since there are plenty
of free rooms then.

Therefore, I have scheduled a vote for next Monday on the question of
when to hold the July Closing Plenary. Think about it, and we can
decide then.

The related issue involves the SEC rules change ballot on the timing
of the Friday SEC meeting. I have been pushing for it to be held on
Friday morning, not Friday afternoon. We can also discuss this issue
next Monday. In fact, I hope to have some comments on all three SEC
rules change ballots for your review.

Roger