stds-802-16: More about UGS (and rtPS)

Dear Ken,

Thank you for your swift reply.

You mention the "Tolerated Grant Jitter", which I am unable to
find, I guess you mean the "Tolerated Jitter" as defined in section
11.8.4.13.  Please note that at page 126, footnote #12, the
Tolerated Grant Jitter and the Nominal Grant Interval are mentioned
again.

Coming back to section 6.2.5.1, the last paragraph mentions the
Maximum Sustained Traffic Rate parameter of the Active QoS
Parameter Set. Do I need to specify this extra parameter for UGS
flows?

Please note that, when defining the Real Time Polling Service,
several parameters are mentioned, namely "the Nominal Polling
Interval, the Tolerated Poll Jitter, and the Request/Transmission
Policy".  But the first one is undefined, and the second one only
appears as a PHY-specific value in 10.3.1.5, not as a service flow
definition parameter.

Finally, your answer has raised another question I'd like to ask you.
When defining the UGS, it is stated that the BS shall provide fixed
size Data Grant Burst Types at periodic intervals. What happens if
the desired rate was less than 1 cell/frame (let's say 0.25
cells/frame?  How is supposed the capacity to be provided? One full
cell on every fourth frame? or a quarter or a cell on every frame?
It may have non negligible impact in the observed transfer delay of
the cell.

Thank you for your time.