stds-802-16: change of venue for 802.16 Session #25

Dear 802.16 Participants:

About an hour ago, I was on a conference call with Bob Heile, Stuart
Kerry, Mark Klerer, Paul Nikolich, Carl Stevenson, Geoff Thompson
(Jim Lansford was invited but unavailable). The topic was the planned
802 wireless interim scheduled for May in Singapore.

Several of the participants mentioned that some of their members have
reported that they will be prohibited by their companies from
scheduling travel to Singapore due to the SARS epidemic.

Bob, who is the primary coordinator of the interim, announced that he
had received permission from the hotel to postpone the Singapore
session from May until September, without financial penalty. He also
mentioned that he had booked alternative space at the Hyatt DFW in
Dallas, Texas, USA (site of Session #24) for the original week (May
12).

The group on the conference call agreed, without objection, to switch
the venue from Singapore to the Hyatt DFW. Since 802.16 typically
meets Monday-Thursday, the dates for Session #25 will remain 12-15
May.

On the call, we discussed the possibility that Singapore might still
be a problematic venue in September and a further change might be
required in the future. However, it was considered reasonable to
tentatively plan the meeting there. Note that 802.16 has already
decided to meet in Colorado in September regardless of where the
other groups meet.

Attached below is Bob's note on the topic.

I'm sorry for the change of plans. I know that rearranging things
will be a nuisance for many of you, but I think this was the right
decision, and I support it.

Regards,

Roger