From: owner-stds-802-16@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-16@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Roger B. Marks
Sent: 08 May 2003 20:26
To: David Trinkwon
Cc: stds-802-16@ieee.org
Subject: stds-802-16: RE: Profiles for the Tgd group

David,

The Working Group does not own the content of our drafts. IEEE holds
the copyright, subject to the permission of the contributors of any
copyrighted materials. Copyright holders typically grant IEEE
permission to use their contributions but do not give up their
copyrights. The copyright policy is explained at
<http://ieee802.org/16/ipr/copyrights>.

The IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual says "The working group
is responsible for receiving written permission to use all
copyrighted material prior to RevCom submittal. " Normally, I solicit
such permission after Sponsor Ballot. In this case, we have a issue
that cannot wait long for resolution. We need clarification of the
copyright status of the contributed materials in C802.16d-03/23 and
C802.16d-03/30. If we do not have free use of them, then we have a
problem to deal with.

Therefore, I have written to the copyright holder, WiMAX, soliciting
a formal copyright release. The letter is IEEE I802.16-03/04
<http://ieee802.org/16/ipr/copyrights/letters/I80216-03_04.pdf>

Roger