stds-802-16: re: non-approval of P802.16.2a, and followup offer extended

Roger Marks
NIST
325 Broadway, MC 813.00
Boulder, CO  80305

cc:   Paul Nikolich, C/LM Liaison
          Angela Ortiz, Program Manager
          Yvette Ho Sang, Manager IEEE Standards Publishing

RE: NEW P802.16.2a/D5 (C/LM) Amendment to IEEE Recommended Practice for
Local and Metropolitan Area Networks - Coexistence of Fixed Broadband
Wireless Access Systems - Amendment 1

Dear Roger,

RevCom voted to recommend approval to the Standards Board.  The vote was
yes=8; no=3 (Bruder, Mills, Thompson); abstain=1 (Klerer).

At the Standards Board meeting, the following motion was approved:

"Resolved that IEEE P802.16.2a ballot submission be handled as follows:

1) Sponsor shall submit a revised PAR, indicating that the document is a
revision.  This PAR can be handled through NesCom Continuous Processing.

2) Sponsor shall send a ballot invitation to the balloting pool used for
the previous amendment ballot.

[The invitation should outline the current situation in terms of unanimous
approval of those who voted, but recognition that some individuals might
have joined the previous balloting group if they had perceived the project
as a revision effort instead of an amendment.]

3a) If no new members join the balloting group, the document is approved as
submitted.

3b) If new members join the balloting group, an initial ballot shall be
conducted on the current draft."

Please work with necessary staff.

Jodi Haasz, NesCom Administrator [j.haasz@ieee.org]
Christine Santos, Balloting Center Manager [c.santos@ieee.org]
Greg James, Program Manager [g.james@ieee.org]

Sincerely,
David L. Ringle
RevCom Administrator
IEEE Standards Activities Dept.

445 Hoes Lane                              PH: +1 732 562 3806
PO Box 1331                                FX: +1 732 562 1571
Piscataway, NJ  08855-1331                 d.ringle@ieee.org