Re: stds-802-16: Session #26 agenda

Avi,

I wouldn't call that meeting a summit. It is just a get-together that
802.11 and 802.15 have always held before they open their sessions.
Personally, I don't think it is important for us. There is already an
802 Opening Plenary in the morning, where the groups give a status
report. This 1 pm session is just a repeat, with more detail about
what groups are planning to do during the week.

Stuart Kerry invited me to participate. I turned down the offer since
we have our Opening Plenary planned at the same time.

At the May interim session, the joint meeting took place on Monday
morning. Since there was no 802 Opening Plenary there, and since it
didn't overlap with an 802.16 meeting, I thought we might as well
participate. Brian Kiernan did a short presentation on 802.16. I
don't believe that he found it to be important.

If an 802.16 member wanted to attend that meeting and present a
summary of 802.16, I believe I could still arrange for agenda time.
However, I don't think the report should include any more detail than
what I present at the 802 Opening Plenary, so it would just be a
rerun.

Roger