[STDS-802-16] LE Ad-hoc - BS-BS Interference - Call for solutions

Dear Folks,

I just finished with the analysis of BS-BS Interference,  NO
synchronization, for 5.8GHz.
Igal requested the addition of 2.4GHz, but meanwhile did not
 provide System Parameters.

1. The summary of the results is:

A. co-location: not possible, the Rx radio will be saturated;

B. minimum distance between BSs, due to adjacent channel
 interference, for 1dB RSL degradation and 10dB fade margin:
   - directional antennae and no co-ordination: 3.7km
   - one omni and one directional antenna: 1.64km
This means that if a system is up and running, and another BS
 will be installed at a distance lower than mentioned above, the
 remote users will loose connection (service disruption).

C. minimum distance between BSs, co-channel interference:
 more than 60km, for both cases. Same consequences as
 above.

All the computation details and explanatory figures are in the
 attached document.

2. I think that the problem to be resolved is clear, for this scenario.
 If somebody thinks otherwise, please let me know. Lets keep
 focus and go forward, to address, according to the charter:
 "Identification of techniques which may mitigate the problem,
 such as dynamic frequency selection, time co-ordination,
 creation of interference free periods, etc;"
So please send to the reflector your solutions; I have added to
 the document a page were we will centralize the comments and
 replay comments; no need to use the commentary: for your
 convenience, I will centralize the e-mails.

 Comments already received(Zion,Phil,Duncan) are reflected
 there. I added my comment:

"Use PHY sync of MAC Frames and Tx/Rx:
Co-ordination possible: Frame start - PHY Sync marker and MIB
 for Frame duration, Tx and Rx intervals.
Co-ordination not possible (private use): PHY only mechanism.
Systems may use GPS or follow the Sync Markers of already
 deployed systems."

Kind Regards,

Marianna

P.S. If somebody can help, and make the computations for the
 remaining scenarios, will be really useful.

Marianna Goldhammer
IEEE 802.16 LE-Ad-hoc Chair

This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com

C802.16-04_NNr2.doc