Re: [STDS-802-16] DLFP and HFDD

Baraa and All,

I believe, Baraa's primary interest os OFDM PHY.
In 8.3.4.1

"In TDD and H-FDD systems, subscriber station allowances must be made by a
transmit-receive turnaround gap SSTTG and by a receive-transmit turnaround
gap SSRTG. The BS shall not transmit downlink information
to a station later than (SSRTG+RTD) before its scheduled uplink allocation,
and shall not transmit downlink information to it earlier than (SSTTG-RTD)
after the end of scheduled uplink allocation, where
RTD denotes Round-Trip Delay. The parameters SSRTG and SSTTG are
capabilities provided by the SS to BS upon request during network entry (see
11.8.3.1)."

One may find sentence "The BS shall not transmit downlink information" not
precise. My understanding is the following.

Let's put forward the following definition
DL burst is addressed to the SS if one of the following is true:
1. the burst is specified in DLFP [thus actually a PHY broadcast]
2. the burst is specified in DL-MAP with CID = broadcast
3. the burst is specified in DL-MAP with CID = Basic CID of the SS

My interpretation:
BS adds SSRTG+RTD to the end of the last OFDM symbol of those containing MAC
messages addressed to the SS [unicast or broadcast], and this is the lower
limit for UL allocation.

In the case DL burst addressed to the SS overlaps in time  with UL
allocation to the SS, the SS has no choice but to interrupt  reception of DL
burst (SSRTG + RTD before start of UL allocation), complete the processing
and start switching to Tx. Such procedure in OFDM PHY implementation seems
quite feasible.

The BS is aware of all MAC PDUs in the DL transmissions, so there is no
problem in planning UL Tx correspondingly [as described above]. The SS must
to trust BS in this prospect and intterupt DL processing if needed.

Vladimir