From: owner-stds-802-16@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-16@listserv.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Phillip Barber
Sent: 04 July, 2004 5:50 AM
To: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] [Corrigenda PAR] Is it really needed?

Yigal and all,

I agree, I marked several comments as Corrigenda items in the most recent 14b reply comment cycle.  These were, in most cases, worthy comments seeking to clarify ambiguities or clarify function and definition in the IEEE 802.16-2004 document.  But 16e could spend perpetuity in such revision.  Had the comments had specific benefit to mobility, rather than simply fixing generic problems in 802.16-2004, I would not espouse remanding them to a Corrigenda.  But that was not the case.  I think that should be the simple litmus test: if the comment does not provide specific benefit to mobility, or a feature of mobility, or fixed interoperation with mobility, then it is best dealt with in an appropriately tasked group rather than burden the mobility tasked TG with all manner of correction and revision.  With adequate demonstration of repair language to the base document, a Corrigenda group should be demanded by the membership.

Thanks,
Phil