[STDS-802-16] continuing saga of unaccepted contributions

Folks,

I urge you to please follow the correct procedures for uploaded
contributions. The process is basically the same one we've always
followed, but I've formalized it because so many people were ignoring
it.

You can no longer ignore the procedure. I have been taking the
following actions:

(a) I am informing the first author of each improper contribution
that it is not accepted. These contributions will not be considered.
A revision is encouraged.

(b) When I receive additional contributions from someone to whom I've
already sent a notice (a), I send another notice and DELETE THE
VIOLATING CONTRIBUTION. Again, a revision is welcome.

Look, this is not rocket science. In many cases, the problem is only
that people have put an extra "." in their document name. But it's
the job of the submitter to follow the rules and to avoid driving the
rest of us nuts.

The procedure is detailed where you see the large word "STOP!" on the
upload page. You cannot upload without seeing it. The part of the
procedure relevant to contribution preparation is included under
"Checklist of Contribution Requirements" at
<http://ieee802.org/16/submit.html>.

I'm hoping that this is the last time any of us needs to read about
this problem.

Roger