[STDS-802-16] [PREAMBLE] Preamble Ad-Hoc group

Title: [STDS-802-16][PREAMBLE] Preamble Ad-Hoc group

Dear all:

A preamble ad-hoc group was formed within 802.16e as agreed in Portland meeting. This group is tasked to consolidate all the preamble issues raised and related contributions into a single set of preamble proposals to be submitted during the ballot recirculation. The ad-hoc group will follow the recirculation process, hence must finish harmonized contribution before the Aug. 15th deadline.

Given that we have an extremely aggressive timeline, we need to follow some process going forward. The following is my suggestion, your feedback is welcomed.

        Tuesday, July 27
        Tuesday, Aug  3
        Tuesday, Aug 10
        Friday, Aug 15 (if needed)

Proposed time: 8 AM - 9:30 AM US Pacific time (the same time slot used by Jose, seems ok by most people). If I do not hear any objections to these dates/times, I will go ahead and setup call logistics and publish the information by July 26.

July 19- July 27: Discussions on the requirements and issues to be addressed. Discussion on possible harmonization based on the following list of contributions rejected in Portland. Any new contributions must be submitted before this date for the consideration.

July 27-Aug 3: Consolidate contributions to form one harmonized version

Aug 3 - Aug 10: Update the harmonized version before Aug. 15 deadline

Aug 15 - Aug 23: respond to reply comments if needed

To start the conversion, here is the list of issues raised and contributions rejected in Portland meeting.

Issues raised:

Contributions:

C80216e-04_115r2  Fast cell search for OFDMA
C80216e-04_125  Preambles design for OFDMA PHY layer, FFT sizes of 1024,512 and 128
C80216e-04_164
r1  Preamble sequence for supporting scalable FFT
C80216e-04_188
r1  Preamble of scalable OFDMA supporting MIMO system
C80216e-04_192  Preamble design to enhance MIMO support

Hope to see a fruitful discussion on this reflector.

Regards
Peiying Zhu
Preamble ad-hoc group Chair