Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 1:17 AM
Subject: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [HARMONIZATION] Harmonization Adhoc kickoff

Folks - this email is to essentially kick off the new harmonization adhoc that was chartered at the Portland meeting last week.

As was presented by Brian at the closing plenary, the adhoc will not focus on PHY issues (those will be discussed within the larger .16e group). Specific topics that were agreed upon include:

- Support for MBS
- Handover support (cleanup and complete support for handover, building on the D4 draft which will become available shortly)

- Idle mode and paging support
- Scanning and association related optimizations
- Fixes to SDLs and informative text in annexes to match up with text changes elsewhere in the .16e spec

Also, Roger will create a new temporary upload directory - link at <http://harmony.wirelessman.org>. The server will not be up and running for a couple of days.

I will send out logistics for bi-weekly telecons starting next week. Propose Mondays at 6 A.M. and Wednesdays at 8 P.M. (both U.S. Pacific time zone) - if anyone wants to suggest alternate times, please respond ASAP.

First telecon will be on Monday, July 26th at 6 AM US PDT by default.

I also have the final USR file and will send out a list of contributions that were rejected or deferred (related to topics above) for us to consider as a starting point. Given that we have many topics, we will likely pick a subset of topics for each telecon. We can decide on a process during our first telecon.

Also, we can decide on a pre-Seoul adhoc F2F over the course of telecons next week.

Use [HARMONIZATION] in the subject line for emails related to this adhoc.

Rgds,
-Prakash