From: Roger B. Marks [mailto:r.b.marks@IEEE.ORG]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 9:48 PM
To: STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [STDS-802-16] release of IEEE P802.16e/D4

The new draft P802.16e/D4-2004 ("Draft Amendment to IEEE Standard for
Local and Metropolitan Area Networks - Part 16: Air Interface for
Fixed and Mobile Broadband Wireless Access Systems- Amendment for
Physical and Medium Access Control Layers for Combined Fixed and
Mobile Operation in Licensed Bands") is now available:
        <http://ieee802.org/16/private/drafts/tge/P80216e_D4.zip>

This is the fourth draft in the P802.16e project. It is available
using the 802.16 user name and password. For more information on
password-protected access, see:
        http://ieee802.org/16/password.html
I've asked IEEE to put D4 up for sale, in place of D3. It should be
in the catalog in a few days.

Also posted is a Commentary database, including editor's notes, from
the  Working Group Recirc Ballot #14b that led to this draft:
        <http://ieee802.org/16/docs/04/80216-04_38r4.zip>

It's obvious that the 16e draft, now 270 pages long, is maturing. At
the same time, our Chief Technical Editor, Ron Murias, has stepped up
his expertise to make sure the editing work also matures. As the
editing burdened has increased, Ron took the smart step of asking
Itzik Kitroser to help out as Assistant Editor. Here is a note from
Ron on the topic:

>I just wanted to let you know that once again, Itzik has been
>unbelievably helpful through this process.  He split up the document
>the same way that REVd was done, which made it possible for us to
>share the editing load.  He handled section 6 (and did an excellent
>job), and he was always available for help.

So: thanks to Ron and Itzik from all of us.

Working Group Recirculation Ballot #14c, with this draft under
review, will open later today.

Cheers,

Roger
--

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov> +1 303 497 3037
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO, USA

This mail passed through mail.alvarion.com

********
viruses.
********
This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com