Re: [STDS-802-16] Maintenance Task Group (was: Re: Corrigenda gro up)

Roger,

Regarding Maintenance Ad Hoc, I would like to say that I respect willing to
do a job in the
direction before formal establishment of Maintenance project. But the group
decided to concentrate on "ruling out" certain comments.
I cannot really accept operations in this procedurally "grey" region. I
believe that clear guidance must be
developed/published/approved before such work starts. This concerns also
procedural part: a comment was [or was not] "ruled out", what next?

My understanding of the WG procedure is that there is no "ruled out"
resolution for a comment; any comment must be considered technically
including question whether it is in or out of the scope of the project and
resolved as Accepted/Accepted-Modified/Rejected/Superceded.
Your clarification would be appreciated.

Such resolution may be not simple as it probably looks. If there are parts X
and Y in REVd that contradict each other,
so fixing comment might be formally "ruled out" as it contradicts at least
one of them and thus "breaks backward compatibility".

If a comment fixes catastrophic performance failure is it in or out? I don't
want to argue here, but it must be decided before the work starts.

Vladimir

This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com