[STDS-802-16] [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [HARMONIZATION] Minutes from 8/16 telecon

Title: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [HARMONIZATION] Logistics reminder and agenda for 8/11 telecon
NOTE: We are polling the reflector for date/time of the next telecon; stay tuned.

We reviewed the following contributions and updates are as under:

Contributions that the adhoc has determined to be consensus contributions (pending some edits):
- Idle mode harmonization Idle Mode Harmonization - Harmonization Ad-Hoc Consensus Contribution.pdf
** Phil will make final edits and upload consensus contrbution

- Sleep mode supporting periodic ranging with compressed SLP ID H80216e-04_07r1.doc
** Will be marked as consensus
Contributions that will likely be marked as consensus following Monday's telecon:
- PHY Profile ID H80216e-04_04r3.doc
The reuse configuration flag has pending issues
** Yigal and Yuval Lomnitz to clarify if frequency matching is feasible
** General consensus is that Reuse configuration is not intuitive. And we do we need 2 bits or 1 bit?
** More text is needed to describe the 3 synchronization modes
** Plan is to incorporate text changes and mark document as consensus - Yuval/Yigal to work with Jungwon

- Enhancement of association using SCAN-REQ/RSP (current document is being revised by Phil Barber) H80216e-04_03r2.pdf
** Phil to make it a clean markup of D4 draft and document will be tagged as consensus

- Enhanced paging with assigned CDMA codes Enhanced paging with assigned CDMA code (revision of 04_222) rev 1.pdf
** Change to rev 3.
** Mo-Han to incorporate feedback from Itzik and Chulsik - will be tagged as consensus

Contributions that need more harmonization / discussions before being considered as consensus:
- MBS
Based on discussions at our last telecon and reflector traffic, there are some unresolved issues. Following contributions cover this topic:
H80216e-04_005.doc
H80216e-04_12.doc
H80216e-04_11.doc
H80216e-04_06.doc
H80216e-04_01.pdf

** Yong Chang sent responses on the reflector; Vladimir has not come back with responses.
** Phil has provided some revised language

** Yong Chang to upload revised contribution (including Phil's edits) and will check with Yigal (Runcom) and Vladimir (- after checking with Vladimir and Yigal.
** On track to be marked as consensus next week after reply comments

- Enhancement for normal mode to sleep mode transition Enhancement to Normal Mode to Sleep Mode Transition (rev 1).pdf
Mo-Han to summarize pending issues; decision on consensus based on how discussions go during telecon
**  Edits suggested by Phil will be incorporated by Mo-Han

- SHO and FBSS
Main issue is fast feedback channel for which we do not have a harmonized solution. Only one contribution on this topic: H80216e-04_10.doc which is not harmonized.
Several other issues have been raised on the reflector on issues lacking clarity
Also, Nextel has proposed an optimized that also needs to be harmonized Nextel.Cont.HybridHandoffwithFastCellSection.v1.pdf

** Nortel and Samsung close to harmonization. Contribution will be uploaded before 8/17 deadline - currently contrib. will only focus on fast feedback channel.
** Phil raised security (authentication) related issues
** Nextel is concerned that it does not adequately address inter-FA HO. Nextel believes authentication can be addressed with their proposal.
** No consensus yet.

- Fast paging/broadcast update indication. Nextel.Contr.FastPagingand BroadcastUpdateIndication.v2.pdf
** Kamran will revise contribution to remove Fast notification channel IE
** Questions concerning performance gains with this approach; move discussions to reflector
** Do not mark as consensus yet; status could change following reply comments

- NBR-ADV changes Enhancements.to.NBR.ADV.doc
 Kamran will revise contribution with 3 changes:
- PHY Profile ID added
- Neighbor BS ID (24 bits)  will be marked optional
- Handoff Neighbor Preference (2 bits) will be added
- A 1 bit flag to indicate if NBR-ADV is long form or short form

NOTE: In general group agrees that NBR-ADV has to be revisited and optimized. But this is not possible in the next day or 2.

**  Contribution to be marked as consensus

Contributions / Topics that may not be harmonized given insufficient discussions on reflector and during telecons:
We did not discuss these today; contributors will upload contributions and we will follow-up in our next call
- Fast DCD/UCD synchronization Fast DCD_UCD synchronization for sleep mode MSS.pdf

- Enhanced initial and BW request ranging Enhanced initial ranging and BW request ranging.pdf

- Load balancing in initial network entries and HO in multi-FA systems (informative text) H80216e-04_09.doc

- Short data burst for sleep mode Short Data Burst Support for Sleep Mode MSS.pdf
- IP Address management (ARID vs. Subnet zone ID etc.)