From: owner-stds-802-16@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-16@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Zhu, Peiying [CAR:DP13:EXCH]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 8:41 PM
To: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] [PREAMBLE] Aug 13 Preamble Ad-Hoc group CC sum mary

Dear All:

Thank you for attending the CC. Here is the summary for today's CC.

Attendees: due to a larger number of participants, I only captured the company names here.

Adacom, Alvarion; Beceem; Broadband Mobile Technologies; ETRI; Hanaro Telecom; Hexagon; Intel; KT; LGE; Motorola; Nortel; TI; Proxim; Qualcomm; Runcom; SOLiD Technologies; Samsung; Sprint; ZTE

We discussed the following items:

1. The joint draft proposal: Preamble_adhoc_structure_v0.1.doc

There was a long discussion over the proposal, which proved to be very useful. It is not clear that we have reached a consensus, however only members from Samsung have not agreed with the proposal. The agreement is that we will not change the existing preamble structure in order to maintain backward compatibility, but introduce a Sync symbol (or postamble) which has a time domain repetition structure. The Sync symbol is transmitted in certain interval (the exact interval is to be defined). There are several different opinions on the location of the Sync symbol, the exact location is to be defined. This Sync symbol shall be transmitted mandatory by BS, but it is optional for MSS. It is up to MSS to decide whether it wants to take advantage of this Sync symbol.  The actual sequence design depends on the outcome of sequence design harmonization. It shall use whichever sequences chosen for the existing preamble design, possible different lengths.

Raja proposed another revision based on this proposal to add group ID in additional to the common Sync sequence.

Wen Tong will work with others to provide a revision to reflect today's CC agreement. Samsung agreed to review the revision. The document combining with the consensus on sequence design will be used as the first draft for Aug. 17 comment submission.

2. Sequence harmonization status

We discussed how to evaluate the sequences. The following are the criteria suggested: low PAPR, low cross-correlation, complexity, consistency with the existing preamble sequence. The simulation will use the existing preamble structure.

Jeff Zhuang agreed to work with others to generate performance matrices for proposed sequences before Monday CC. It is agreed to continue offline Email discussion. We need to work hard on this to reach a consensus by Monday night.

3. Comment on "reference signaling" from LGE

Bin-Chul Ihm presented the proposal on "reference signal", several members objected to use guard band for any other purpose. There was no support for this proposal. Bin-Chul Ihm will do further explanation to seek support before Aug. 17.

4. Next CC

We agreed to add another CC to discuss sequence design.

Monday, Aug 16 --- 20:00-22:00 USA pacific time, 12:00 for Seoul, 6:00 for TelAviv, 23:00 for Ottawa

The conference bridge is:

1+(613)7650160
Pass code: 3958089#

Regards,