From: Yoshen Hou [mailto:yoshenhou@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 7:41 AM
To: Zhu, Peiying [CAR:DP13:EXCH]; STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] [PREAMBLE] Aug 23 Preamble Ad-Hoc group CC sum mary

Hi Peiying and all,

We will be uploading a revised C80216e-04_265r1.pdf
and a power-point slide s80216e-04_265r1.ppt
as soon as we resolve networking problems in China.
It gives a better reading and understanding of
CAZAC for preamble.

Thanks,

Jason Hou

<http://wirelessman.dyndns.org/cgi-script/CSUpload//upload/temp%252edb/Pream
> ble_FrameDetection_1.doc>

http://wirelessman.dyndns.org/cgi-script/CSUpload//upload/temp%252edb/Preamb
> le_FrameDetection_1.doc>
>
> Yossi presented some simulation results based on the
> current preamble
> design. Several people asked questions for
> clarifications in term of
> simulation condition etc.. Jiho indicated that he
> tried the same simulation
> as Yossi, however, he could not reproduce the same
> results for 2dB shadowing
> case, please see Jiho's Email. There might be some inconsistence
> between simulation assumptions. Jiho suggested to have more
> time to verify the
> simulation results.
>
> 2. Status updated of common sync symbol
>
> There are few contributions uploaded and comments in
> the database. Please
> see the document for preamble and midamble related contributions. <

<http://wirelessman.dyndns.org/cgi-script/CSUpload//upload/temp%252edb/Sessi

on33%20contributions%20organization%20and%20overview%20document%20Rev.4.xls>

<http://www.ieee802.org/16/tge/contrib/C80216e-04_241.pdf>

<http://wirelessman.dyndns.org/cgi-script/CSUpload//upload/temp%252edb/Motor
> ola_GCL_fast%20cell_search.pdf>

http://wirelessman.dyndns.org/cgi-script/CSUpload//upload/temp%252edb/Motoro
> la_GCL_fast%20cell_search.pdf>. Please take a look.
> Jeff thinks that ZTE's
> sequence design has a similar complexity as GCL
> sequence, Jason disagreed.
> He said that he will also upload a document on his
> finding.
>
> Yossi, Tal, Jason and Seung Joo each gave an update
> on their thinking of
> sequence harmonization. Basically, there are two
> types of sequence design
> proposed: PN type, similar to the existing sequence, polyphase type,
> such as (CGL and CAZAC) Seung Joo think that there might be
> some potential of
> harmonization with Tal. All the other members think
> that it is difficult to
> harmonize, basically we need to select one sequence
> design.
>
> Jose asked for a clarification on whether sequence
> designs are for the
> legacy preamble or Common Sync. The answer is for
> both. It is preferred to
> use the same kind of sequence if there is no
> specific technical reason. In
> case that no consensus can be made regarding the
> sequence, then common sync
> symbol will use the current PN type of sequence.
>
> We had a discussion on what kind of conclusion we
> want to give as ad-hoc
> group. Several options were proposed: 1) no
> consensus 2) no change, i.e.,
> use truncated 2k sequence 3) minimum change, with
> some improvement of 2k
> truncation, i.e., runcom's new hand crafted
> sequences 3) straw poll for each
> contributions. People agreed to do a straw poll so
> we get some indication on
> people's preference. Mark asked to delay the straw
> poll in order to give
> people some time to read new contribution on the
> evaluation of sequences. We
> agreed to do a straw poll through Email. Please read
> the document from Jeff
> and all the other sequence related contributions
> before you reply the poll.
> The poll deadline will be Aug. 25 noon US pacific
> time. To avoid flooding
> the reflector, please send Email to me, I will do a
> count and report the
> results.
>
> Poll 1: Do you support PN type sequence? (yes or no
> or abstain)
>
> Poll 2: Do you support Poly phase type sequence?
> (yes or no or abstain)
>
> Poll 3: Which sequence design do you support? (Chose
> 1-5 or abstain)
>
> 1) Contribution from Tal (Alvarion): <

<http://wirelessman.dyndns.org/cgi-script/CSUpload//upload/temp%252edb/Pream

ble_Adhoc_Alvarion_PRBS%20based_preamble_design_r1.pdf>

<http://www.ieee802.org/16/tge/contrib/C80216e-04_125.pdf>

<http://www.ieee802.org/16/tge/contrib/C80216e-04_164r1.pdf>

http://www.ieee802.org/16/tge/contrib/C80216e-04_164r1.pdf>

> 5) Contribution 245 from Jason et al.(ZTE): <

<http://wirelessman.dyndns.org/cgi-script/CSUpload//upload/TGe%252edb/C80216

=== message truncated ===