Re: [STDS-802-16] Incremental type BW request Clarification

Thankyou! A case of selective blindness on my part..

DJ

From: Phillip Barber [mailto:pbarber@broadbandmobiletech.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 10:06 AM
To: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Cc: Johnston, Dj
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] Incremental type BW request Clarification

See:

6.3.6 Bandwidth allocation and request mechanisms
6.3.6.1 Requests, page 114, line 44

Because the uplink burst profile can change dynamically, all requests for bandwidth shall be made in terms of the number of bytes needed [emphasis added] to carry the MAC header and payload, but not the PHY overhead. The Bandwidth Request message may be transmitted during any uplink allocation,except any initial ranging interval.

Thanks,
Phil