From: Radu Selea [mailto:Radu@redlinecommunications.com]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 11:49 AM
To: Raja Banerjea; STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-16] Service flow mapping

        Raja,

        I would tend to agree with Itzik and Ken approach:
        - they could be the same but they not have to.
        Probably instead of introducing additional restrictions to the CID range we should see if the possibility of using the same range of values on DL and UL can introduce ambiguity.
        The number of CID's used on UL and DL do not necessarily pair. We can find out that for services like VoIP we would need a bunch of CID's to assign (voice lines &   signaling).  Aside that, taking in account oversubscribing we can find out, that a significant part of service flows can stay in an admitted state for some time. 64.000 it is not as much as it seems, especially for a multi-sector BS.
        We should not add other restrictions if we do not have to....
        In case that we determine functionality issues because of the 'overlap' ,then I agree with you.
        Anyway we have to clarify the issue one way or the other.

        Cheers,
        Radu.