From: owner-stds-802-16@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-16@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Panyuh Joo
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 3:15 AM
To: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] Regarding Band AMC--Mapping

Dear Hongmei Sun,

The reason of the following description exist is for easier understanding the concept to the band.

AMC subchannel consists of 6 contiguous bins in a same band."

And because the statement does not restrict the use of 6 contiguous bins within one symbol, one may use 4 bin in first symbol and the other 2 bin in the second symbol. If someone uses the abbreviation on this structure as “4:2” structures of AMC subchannel. Then the possible alternate definition of the AMC subchannel could be 4:2 or 3:3 or 2:4 or 1:1:1:1:1:1. etc.

Maybe the word “contiguous” give some wrong sense of instincts. If just forget the nuance of the word “contiguous” as continuous in frequency domain, just read it as Contiguous bin in Band. Then we may bend the thoughts as well as the words.

And also please just do not confuse by the concept of the Band. It just gives you the concept of the AMC subchannelization. And it is not used for BAND AMC MAPPIING procedure by itself. The mapping of the data PDU is aligned only with definition of subchannel.

I still do not see any mis-description in the original statement in the specs.

And regarding to the DL PUSC, I think there are some mis-understanding when you read the spec., it would be appreciated if you can revisit the spec and read it carefully. I will do it too. If I found the same problems, I will comeback with the answer. But currently, I do not found any fault in the spec.

Hope this may help U.

Panyuh Joo