[STDS-802-16] inconsistency in subchannel concatenation

Hallo,

I studied the 802.16-2004 and had a problem in understanding in chapter
"8.4.9.2 Encoding" the wording
of how to concatenate subchannels Table 318 upto 36 bytes.

To increase the efficiency of the TB-CC Encoder it makes sense to have
larger FEC blocks.

1)
The chapter is not clear for me if this concatenation
-is done in ONE subchannel over timescale (Table 318-useful data payload for
a subchannel)
 by concatenating of different slot (e.g.3 symbols long) by each other

or

-if this is done in the frequency scale by concatention of subchannel (Table
315: Blocks of j subchannels)
 with a time duration of one slot (e.g.3 symbols long)

2) If I understand Table 318 right the maximum blocksize is 36 byte data
payload, with R=1/2 this means 72 encoded bytes.
This does not fit in the blocksize of 48 x 6 bit per subcarrier = 288 bits =
36 encoded bytes.
Is there an error in wording of payload ?

Please give me your feedback how to understand and maybe there is a
corrigendum in your mind
(which I could not find yet).

Thanks in advance
Kind Regards