From: Beomjoon Kim [mailto:beom@lge.com]
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 3:22 AM
To: Vladimir Yanover; STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] DCD/UCD Change in Idle Mode

Dear Vladimir and All,

There are several messages transmitted on Broadcast CID such as NBR, PAG-ADV, TRF-IND, and so on. I want to clarify that these messages are transmitted on pre-defined DIUC (e.g. DIUC=0) in the same way as DL-MAP is transmitted. I know there is a sentence "DIUC=0 shall have burst profile parameters that are the same as those used for transmission of the DL-MAP message" in pp. 524, REVd/D5. However, in .16e, it is not clear the above broadcast messages are transmitted with DIUC=0. If it is not true, I think that an MSS in Idle Mode may not be possible to receive PAG-ADV message in the case where the BSs in the same paging group use different value of DIUC without receiving DCD message.

Best Regards,

Beomjoon