From: Yerang Hur [mailto:yehur@posdata-usa.com]
Sent: 26 December 2004 05:22
To: STDS-802-16@ieee.org
Cc: Mark Thomas; yehur@posdata-usa.com
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-16] Is the Ethernet CRC included in the MAC PDU?

Dear Mark,

If there’s no convincing reason we need to take the Ethernet CRC out from the Ethernet PDU, we may keep the Ethernet CRC in the 16 payload.

Regarding PHS, CS is in charge of suppressing the payload header and rebuilding the suppressed payload header information. The roles of CS should be transparent to computing the Ethernet CRC.

If individual Ethernet CRC checks fail, responses will vary depending on what service flow is associated with the connection.

Yerang Hur

------

E-mail: yehur@posdata-usa.com

Posdata America R&D Center