Re: [STDS-802-16] Clause 7.5 Changes in Cor1

Jeff,

Wrt 2:

The NIST spec treats the ICV as something like a number. They write is
as a big hex number (hence msb on the left, equating to byte index 15).
I have taken the msb to be the thing on the left of the number in the
NIST spec.

Nevertheless I agree that this is just an resonable interpretation and
not a hard and fast rule, so read strictly it could be considered
ambiguous.

I think the solution is to avoid lots of waffly text and instead include
a couple of example PDUs, both plaintext and correctly encrypted. This
would disambiguate anything in the text to do with byte order or nonce
construction.

DJ