Re: [STDS-802-16] 802.16e sponsor ballot recirculation

Jeff ,
I don't disagree with the ROHC over  raw .16. My issue is with 16
defining in a rather vague fashion how to suppress headers in a packet
the fomat of which in my opinion is not clearly defined by anyone. In my
opinion we would be much better of sticking with the Ethernet CS and
work with standard ROHCoE. Also I agree that the ROHC over protocol X
could be defined by the appropriate link layer standards body. In this
case it seems to me to be 802.3 in the case of Ethernet.  Alternatively
IETF would be the body to work in.

I would like to point out that had the text been a) introduced at an
earlier stage in the process b) had been drafted more clearly  e.g. give
references to relevant definitions of CS SDU formats  to expect ,
tightly constrain the classifier parameters in the the   this situation
would never had arisen.

BR Carl
ps. My other comments  are just  minor issues that I managed to find in
cursory read of the standard and piggy-backed