[STDS-802-16] Bandwidth allocation support

Dear All,

In p.74, section 6.3.2.3.24 of IEEE 802.16-2004 std., it is stated that the Bandwidth Allocation Support TLV shall be included in the SBC-REQ message. However, in p.671, section 11.8.1, it is indicated that the only meaningful bit in this field right now is #1, which is only applicable to FDD systems. My understanding is that the standard should be modified so that section 6.3.2.3.24 should state that this TLV shall be supported only for FDD systems but, even in that case, right now whichever 802.16-2004 compliant SS must include this TLV in the SBC-REQ message.

I would appreciate feedback on this issue to see the thoughts of other people, because this parameter is affecting the WiMAX certification testing program and we need to clarify which we have to consider the compliant behaviour.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Hector Alba
Test Engineer

Telecommunications Division
CETECOM - Spain

Phone: +34 952.619.315   -  Email:
hralba@cetecom.es    -   Fax: +34 952.619.113

INFORMACIÓN IMPORTANTE
La información contenida en este e-mail va dirigida únicamente a su destinatario y podría contener información confidencial, si Ud. no es el destinatario indicado, no debe copiar, distribuir, o llevar a cabo ninguna acción con el mismo. Si hubiera recibido este e-mail, por error, por favor notifíquenos inmediatamente por e-mail o teléfono.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the named recipients only. It may contain privileged and confidential information and if you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or telephone.