Re: [STDS-802-16] mesh vs multihop relay networks

Opps, there are some typo. So I correct it as followings.

Panyuh Joo

From: Panyuh [mailto:panyuh@samsung.com]
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 4:26 PM
To: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] mesh vs multihop relay networks

Dear Ramzi and all,

If we read the PAR of MMR task group, it is easy to understand the relay is not related to the mesh network in 802.16-2004 at all.

Because in the context of the 802.16-2004, the mesh topology is defined under unlicensed spectrum and using only OFDM as PHY layer.

But, the 16 MMR is limited project for only an amendment of 16-2004 + 16e-2005 with licensed spectrum and it is definitely not related to mesh topology at all.

So as to the context of 802.16 the MMR is amendment of PMP (point to multipoint) topology with licensed spectrum. So either OFDM or OFDMA or SCa  PHY is in the scope of MMR, but only PMP with licensed spectrum use.[Panyuh]  I believe these are the conclusion of MMR Study group.

Please take a look at the PAR of 16 MMR : P802.16j

Thanks and regards.

Panyuh Joo

Global Standards & Research

Telecommunication R&D Center