Re: [STDS-802-16] [MMR-AH-UM] Some comments for joint contributions ofusage model

Hi Aimin,

   BTW, about signaling overhead, I think we can adopt the concept of Hierarchal Mobile IP by choosing some RSs acting like Gateway Foreign Agent(GFA) to handle locatized handover signals.

Best Regards,

Jen-Shun Yang (Tonny Yang)
ITRI/ICL
TEL: +886-3-5914616
email: jsyang@itri.org.tw

Aimin Zhang <zam@huawei.com> -

2006/06/15 03:11 PM

        收件人:        "jsyang@ITRI.ORG.TW" <jsyang@ITRI.ORG.TW>,
        副本抄送:        "john_lee@huawei.com" <john_lee@huawei.com>,
        主旨:        Re: [STDS-802-16] [MMR-AH-UM] Some comments for joint contributions ofusage model

Hello Jen Shun,

Do you mean a centralized controlled  system architechture? If the number of hops is more than two, there will be a lot of signaling needed to collect necessary information for routing or handover, etc.  Because there are always a lot of MS moving simultaneously from one RS-cell to the other RS-cell, so the signaling overhead might become very huge and a lot of bandwidth will be used .

I think it better to have a combined architechture. The last 2 hops can be centralized controllized by a high capability RS, however, the first few hops from MMR-BS to this RS should be distributed controlled.

In the combined architechture, an MS can be connected to any RS with different capability. However, the intermediate-RS should have better to be high capability to support distributed controlled.

Best regards,

Aimin

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

Hi Saravanan,

  Thanks for your supporting. Actually, I also think the term of "routing" is not appropriate to be adopted in any 802.16j documents, because it is no need to have routing protocol in RS.

What do you think?

Best Regards,

Jen-Shun Yang (Tonny Yang)
ITRI/ICL
TEL: +886-3-5914616
email: jsyang@itri.org.tw

"Saravanan Govindan" <Saravanan.Govindan@sg.panasonic.com> -

2006/06/15 02:07 PM

       收件人:        <jsyang@ITRI.ORG.TW>, <STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org>
, ..
       副本抄送:
,
       主旨:        RE: [STDS-802-16] [MMR-AH-UM] Some comments for joint contributions of usage model

Hi Jen-Shun,

I agree that a difference between mesh and relay is based on path selection. Centralized relay path helps the MMR-BS coordinate exchanges with the numerous RS.

In particular, I think the revision you propose below addresses this point.

Cheers,

Saravanan Govindan