[STDS-802-16] ITU-R 8A issue regarding 802.16 and ETSI BRAN

Mike,

IEEE 802.16 has been copied on a liaison statement from ETSI BRAN to
ITU-R WP 8A:
    http://ieee802.org/16/liaison/docs/L80216-06_012.pdf

For background, ETSI's statement is a response to a liaison statement
requesting input from both ETSI and IEEE:
    http://ieee802.org/16/liaison/docs/L80216-06_010.pdf

The issue is related to a cooperative 802.16/ETSI effort regarding
the development of a Preliminary Draft New Recommendation on mobile
broadband wireless access. The activity in ITU-R was in fact
initiated by a contribution developed by 802.16 in March 2005:
    http://ieee802.org/16/liaison/docs/L80216-05_028r4.pdf

I'm bringing this issue to your attention because 802.16 plans to
develop its own response to the WP 8A liaison statement. I expect
that it will be similar to the ETSI BRAN letter. This development
will be done in 802.16's ITU Ad Hoc Committee, chaired by José Costa.
It is scheduled to meet on Monday and Tuesday afternoons next week.

Afterwards, I anticipate that Dr. Costa will bring this issue to the
attention of 802.18 and request review of a document for submittal to
the 802 EC on Friday.

Please note that the WP 8A input, as well as the ETSI BRAN response,
include references to 802.11. Therefore, I would encourage 802.11
(and other working groups) to coordinate with 802.18.

Regards,

Roger

Begin forwarded message: