Re: [STDS-802-16] transport cid

Title:

On 8/30/2006 4:45 AM, Vasanth.Rajan wrote:

Hi all,

I have some doubt with transport CID and SFID, mentioned below

SFID for a specific connection (may be an Rtps connection) between BS and SS is unique in DL and UL;

SFID are directional in nature. Although possible, I wouldn't assume same SFID for both UL and DL but (as you indicated) unique per direction.

whether the same is true with Transport CID??? B’coz I was confused by the statement in a document as mentioned below,

“An SFID shall never be associated with more than one transport CID, and a transport CID shall

Never be associated with more than one SFID”

CID is between the BS and MS (think of it as a MAC ID replacement), while SFID is between the BS and the NCMS. CID is directly mapped by the CS to an SFID.

If it is different (both transport CID and SFID) then what significance it has???

After HO, SFID is the same but CID is different as a new mapping took place for the new serving BS.

Thanks

Vasanth