[STDS-802-16] mesh CID

Dear all

I copied the following paragraph from the IEEE 802.16-2004 standard p 853  (889 of 893)

C.1.2.1.1.2 Semantics of the service primitive

The parameters of the primitive are as follows:

MAC_CREATE_SERVICE FLOW.indication

{

CID

max length,

service flow parameters,

encryption flag

}

The CID is the Connection ID in Mesh as conveyed in the generic MAC header.

The max length parameter specifies the maximum length of SDUs that are allowed over the link.

The service flow parameters include information on

— Data rate (Mb/s)

Data rate associated with the profile for the physical link over which the connection is created.

— Transmit power (dBm)

Transmit power at the antenna port for the physical link over which the connection is created.

— Estimate of packet error rate for 256-byte packets

Estimate of PER for the physical link over which the connection is created.

The encryption flag specifies that the data carried over this link is encrypted, if ON, If OFF, then no

encryption is used.

C.1.2.1.1.3 When generated

This primitive is generated whenever a new link has been established to a neighbor node.

I can understand from the previous paragraph that when establishing a new node, the CID is specified that means that "class priority",  "drop precedence" and "reliability" are also fixed. Consequently, I can understand that on a link between 2 nodes we can find traafic belonging only to one class priority!!!

My second question is:

What is the CID used to convey control messages such as MSH-DSCH ?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Ramzi Tka