Re: [STDS-802-16] 802.16 mesh : number of minislots in the data subframe

Ramzi Tka wrote:
> Hi all,
> If I have well understood the standard the data subframe is composed of
> 256 minislot. suitable especially that the demend level is coded on 8 bits.
> The number of OFDM symbol is given by the formula
>  ceiling [(OFDM symbols per frame – MSH-CTRL-LEN * 7)/256] : A very
> clear formula.
> If for example, we have 250 OFDM sym Frame (real case) the previous
> formula would not have any sens. because we will have 256 OFDM sym in
> the data subframe or the total number is 250.
> I found insome articles different statements :
> - that the number of minislots neddn't to be 256 (but could be up to 256).
> - that we could have a minislot as a fraction of an OFDM symbol.
>
> In any case the standard formula will not be adequate. Could someone
> help in this topic please.
> Best regards
> Ramzi Tka

The data subframe is divided in UP TO 256 equal chunks.
The size of each minislot is a multiple of a OFDM symbol.

If you have 200 OFDM symbols for the data subframe, then thats the
number of minislots you have.

If you have 400 OFDM symbols, you still have 200 minislots of size
(2*OFDM symbol).

Thats what the formula says :).

regards

Markus