[STDS-802-16] Sub : Query regarding the SLPID_Update TLV

Hello All,
         According to the section 11.16.1 of the IEEEStd 802.16e-2005, IEEE Std 802.16-2004/Cor 1-2005 AMENDMENT 2 AND CORRIGENGUM 1 TO IEEE Std 802.16-2004, the "SLPID_Update TLV" can be transmitted in RNG-RSP or the MOB_TRF-IND messages.

In what cases does the  update of an already allocated SLPID occur,

In my understanding during the HO (hand off) of an MS from a Source BS to the Target BS, during the Network Re-Entry for handoff purpose with the target BS, the power saving class parameters of the MS may be sent by the MS to the target BS, here the Target BS finds from the Power saving class parameters  that the SLPID sent by the MS (SLPID assigned by the source BS)  might have been already allocated at the target BS to another MS,

Hence this could result in TBS sending the Updated SLPID using the SLPID_Update TLV in RNG-RSP.

But in the case of MOB_TRF-IND message, I would like to know when does a BS send the SLPID_Update TLV to MS, .
Also let me know, if there are any other cases where in RNG_RSP will be sent with SLPID_Update TLV.

Thanks in advance.

Murali Mohan C
Sr. Software Engineer
LnTInfotech