[STDS-802-16] Benefit of UL-PUSC sub-carrier enumeration

I am reading the WIMAX 802.16e standard from P802.16Rev2/D0b (June 2007).
I have a question regarding UL PUSC. Usable sub-carriers in the allocated frequency band are divided into tiles. Logical tiles are mapped to physical tiles in the FFT using Equation (124), section 8.4.6.2.2, page 993 of the standard:

Tiles(s, n) = NSubchannels * n +
    (Pt[(s+n)mod Nsubchannels]+ UL_PermBase)mod NSubchannels

UL_PermBase is given as input per zone. It is assigned by a management entity.
Different sectors will have different UL_PermBase. Users in neighbouring sectors allocated the same logical sub-channels will transmit in different physical sub-carriers. This will reduce interference among sectors.

After mapping the physical tiles in the FFT to logical tiles for each subchannel, the data subcarriers per slot are enumerated according to Equation 125, section 8.4.6.2.2, page 995 of the standard:
    Subcarrier(n, s) = (n + 13 · s) mod Nsubcarriers

I don't understand why sub-carriers within a sub-channel are enumerated.
Can some one please tell me what benefit does sub-carrier enumeration within a sub-channel provide?

Thanks

P.S: Is it possible to search the mailing list archives? If yes, can some one tell me how to do it?