[STDS-802-16] Question about ertPS service

 Dear experts,

  I am a little confused about the bandwidth allocation for ertPS connections.
   Session 6.3.5.2.2.1 of the 802.16e-2005 document states the following:
 "By default, size of allocations corresponds to current value of
Maximum Sustained Traffic Rate at the connection..... The BS shall not
 change the size of UL allocations until receiving another bandwidth
 change request from the MS."

   In Session 6.3.14.4.1, the standard states:
 "The maximum sustained traffic rate field specifies only a bound, not
 a guarantee that the rate is available."

 " The Minimum reserved traffic rate parameter specifies the minimum
rate, in bits per second, reserved for this service flow. "

 What rate should be reserved for an ertPS connection, the maximum
sustained traffic rate or the minimum reserved traffic rate?
 I know that many different approaches can be applied to efficiently
use the available bandwidth, but if the BS is not able to provide the
 maximum sustained traffic rate for an ertPS connection whenever it is
 requested, is this implementation still compliant to the standard?

 Thanks,
 Juliana.