From: Phillip Barber [mailto:pbarber@BROADBANDMOBILETECH.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:16 PM
To: STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] SPAM-LOW: RE: [STDS-802-16] [WARNING - NOT VIRUS SCANNED] RE: [STDS-802-16] [WARNING - NOT VIRUS SCANNED] Re: [STDS-802-16] SV: Re: [STDS-802-16] DSCP Mask and Range??????

And that was an error…

The TLV Type values should have been reserved for a ‘cooling’ period to avoid reuse and confusion of legacy deployments.

My guess is that the previous deprecations did not consider avoiding confusion to legacy deployments of import. I believe the situation is different now. I also believe that it is very likely that this TLV may be widely used in current deployments, even if erroneously encoded.

We are best served by reserving the TLV value and avoiding potential confusion on legacy networks.

Thanks,

Phil